Saturday, April 2, 2011

MLL on the move and taking flight!

What an amazing few weeks it has been! Where to start?

I launched my page on Facebook a few weeks ago and was so overwhelmed by the number of people and businesses who liked my page and became followers of My Little Lovebird. The feedback was so positive! Until...... damn Facebook went and screwed with my settings and didn't allow me to do shout-outs to anyone. What does this mean? Well basically I could tag people in my wall posts and status updates but that 'tag/mention' didn't show up on their wall or their news feed. Thus making me look like a big fat snob who didn't return shout-outs from anyone. This is such an integral part of being a small business on FB and the main way I believe, to get new followers. I got myself an IT guru - the lovely Penny Butler who couldn't find the glitch despite all her experience in the field. What a rotten way to end my first week!

All in all, the only solution was to start a brand new page for MLL. I was gutted! All my hard work networking, gaining 'likers' and spreading my page was all being unravelled. Anyways, I started the new page last night and to my absolute joy, the online crafting WAHM community has totally backed me and I am already up to 26 likers again - almost halfway in 15 hours!

I want to thank everyone who has helped me out so far. Honestly, it is such a moral boost to be surrounded by such wonderful women in business.

Oh and on a different note - here is a piccy of my little Minky girl wearing a new creation by me. I am thinking of leaving singlets till next summer though. What do you reckon?? Please excuse the loose threads etc. We are still learning!
♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment