Thursday, September 1, 2011

Why I am not doing any work today.

The first day of spring is bringing loads of new beginings to MLL headquarters (ie my house). There is a reason why nothing productive is being done today.

Since buying The Cottage 2 years ago we have slowly been renovating it. Thanks to some cheap imported labour (Kiwi in-laws) the inside is nearly done but the outside looks like it should be hiding criminals, or a meth-lab. All that is missing is the cars on bricks. Not the stylish beach-chic Home Beautiful I had in mind...

Well, today marks a huge milestone with our new driveway being poured! I have an odd fetish of, ahem, watching conrete being poured. The way it oozes and slodges about. Mmmmmmmmmm...........

Toay I am in heaven.

Thankfully Hubby let the professionals at it this time as it's a mammoth job. We have moved it from one side of the house to the other and are putting up a nice sail eventually.

Here are a few progress shots!

The pour is going on as I type. Finally, after 2 long years the front of my house will look like a house! There will be a snazzy new fence thanks to hubby in a few weeks and then, THEN I get to do my garden!

J xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment